The designated operator of Colombia, Servicios Postales Nacionales S.A. 4-72, asks us to inform other Union member countries and their designated operators that, owing to the emergency resulting from the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), there will be significant delays in all of its international inbound and outbound letter-post, parcel-post and EMS services. This is specifically due to the fact that:
– Airlines have halted flights to Europe, Asia, Africa and certain countries in Latin America and the Caribbean with immediate effect and until further notice, citing force majeure;
– Operations more broadly, including those relating to letter post and parcel post, will be subject to national government measures and restrictions and any changes in the national security situation;
– Mail will no longer be accepted or handled on Saturdays at the mail processing centre in Bogota, nor at regional operational centres;
– Delivery staff will work 50% from Monday to Saturday;
– Temporary measures will be introduced to minimize human contact in the delivery of letter- post, parcel-post and EMS items that would ordinarily require the recipient’s signature;
– Customer service opening hours will be subject to change;
– Over 80% of administrative staff will be working from home.
operator of Colombia will continue to operate within the restrictions imposed
by the global crisis as a key service and support for the general public, while
taking all measures necessary to avoid the spread of COVID-19. It will
prioritize the health and well-being of its staff and emphasize the importance
of preventive measures, such as appropriately distanced workstations and
employee self-care at the beginning and end of the working day. Staff must wear
protective gear. With the support of its workplace health insurer, the
designated operator of Colombia has recruited a medical team that specializes
in health and safety at work and disease surveillance. The team will monitor
staff for COVID-19 symptoms.
The designated operator of Colombia wishes to thank all Union member countries and their designated operators for their understanding. It will update them via EmIS once the situation has returned to normal.